Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 94 Specialized S-Works FSR frame/FSX fork for a relatively cheap number, so it was worth hanging some parts on it to give the bike a shot. It's only had the 'drive way' test, but I'm not sure I'm going to like the bike.
I built if up using parts hanging around from other parts bikes or cheap swap meet scores. Came out pretty darn good I think.

At any rate, I still need to fine tune things and give it a fair shake down ride, then put some miles on it to see if she's a keeper. I guess we'll see.

In the mean time, enjoy:

Frame: 1994 Specialized S-Works FSR
Fork: Specialized FSX Carbon
Rims: Sun
Hubs: Shimano M900 XTR
Quick: Release: Ringle
Tires: Specialized Umma Gumma
Pedals: Shimano M525
Crank: Shimano M900 XTR
Chain: (will be) Sram
Rear Cogs: Shimano M900 XTR
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN91 XTR 107
Front Derailleur: Shimano M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M900 XTR
Shifters: Shimano M900 XTR
Handlebars: Specialized
Grips: Ritchey True Grips
Stem: Control Tech
Headset: Chris King
Brake set: Shimano M900 XTR
Brake levers: Shimano M900 XTR
Saddle: Specialized/WTB
Seat Post: Specialized
Paint: Red
Size: 18"
Serial #:
Place of Origin: Morgan Hill, Ca.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KDXdog said:
Tough crowd!

Umma gumma's....so it was YOU who bought those on ebay for big bucks!
Coincidence? :thumbsup:

As always, nice job. Want to trade for a PROFLEX!!!????
I got the cable hanger from Hollister. :)

No way. I wouldn't pay that much for Ummas. The ones on this bike were free. Came on another bike I'd picked up quite some time back. They're in ok shape, but not great.

Thanks. And...uh...no, no Proflex trade. :D :p

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
Rumpfy said:
You've got all sorts of parts laying around your work bench. You probably have a full M900 build there and just don't know it. :D
close, but not quite:(

(whats really got me scratchin my head is the second set of threads on this race face stem:confused: )

go ride the hell outta that thing!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Turned out very nice ER :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad to see you finished up a bike :rolleyes:

As you know I have a soft spot for older Specialized bikes :smilewinkgrin: Be sure to give us a ride report

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kb11 said:
Turned out very nice ER :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad to see you finished up a bike :rolleyes:

As you know I have a soft spot for older Specialized bikes :smilewinkgrin: Be sure to give us a ride report
Thanks KM.
That stem found a nice home. :)

I'll be sure to flog it and report back.

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I was always fascinated by that year's Speshy FSR, and I'm quite jealous seeing that built up. That's the exact bike I want to build one day...

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sho220 said:
Sweet bike. And nice collection of parts just lying around! eBay logic says you've got over $300 worth of parts in just the QR's! That's one expensive bike. ;)
Nah. If they were a color and NOS...then I'd have something for sure.
These are just beat up silver/black ones. Junk. :p

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ickyickyptngzutboing said:
I was always fascinated by that year's Speshy FSR, and I'm quite jealous seeing that built up. That's the exact bike I want to build one day...
I think there are enough of these out there, you should have no problem tackling a project like this. I've seen at least 3-5 in the last six months in various sizes.

I'll have to weigh it, but this is not a light bike. :(

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
papercutninja said:
"...from parts hanging around the garage."

I'd like to apply to live in your garage. I'm clean, housebroken and i generally keep quiet.
You'll have to keep things neat and tidy. I suppose we can set up a fold down cot that hangs above the boxes of parts.

Plus you'd be added security, so thats a bonus. :D

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mrkawasaki said:
Rumpfy,

Sweet - I'm an FSR fan!

Did you recolour the rear triangle to black or was that how they came back then?

You need a grey saddle to finish it off!

Mr K
Ah, thats right, you dig these huh?

The rear triangle is the correct color. SFAIK, this is how they came on the S-Works for 94. It's been the same color on all the one's I've seen anyway.

Grey saddle would be good...I have a grey Flight I suppose I could put on there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.