Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just picked up this sweet retro 1994 Answer Manitou HT frame and am looking for any info, specs that anyone can give. I'd like to build it up but was told that parts are hard to find due to odd sized openings for headset, seatpost and cranks? Anyone know of this dilema or have any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Seat post maybe the only odd sized tube , a shim will take care of that . I would suggest that you buy a digital caliper so that you may take accurate measurements , this will help you in your parts search .

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
-The headtube is 1.25"...Chris King makes a 1.25" to 1.125" reducer headset and Problem Solvers makes reducers to use any 1.125" headset

-Seatpost diameter is 31.8, Problem Solvers and Cane Creek make shims to reduce to 27.2

-Uses standard top pull 34.9 front derailleur

-BB width is 73mm English Threaded

Nice frame

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm don't think that it's a standard front der. I'll check when I get home tonight, I still have the frame owners manual. When I bought it new it came with a special clamp and you have to use a braze-on front der.

Here's a pic of mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.