Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1991 Yeti Ultimate

Picked this up in Oregon on Monday.
Never had a Yeti that fit properly and when this came up I had to grab it.
I was saving for a new road/gravel bike but oh well.
The fella had a ton of photos in his CL ad and it looked great but after seeing it in person I have to say that it is better then I had hoped.
Looks barely ridden.
XT Hubs, Cranks and derailliers.
DX Shifter combo
Ritchey Logic Canti's
Control Tech Stem and Seatpost
Taperlite bar
I added the Turbo and will be adding Black XT Canti's and XT thumb shifters.
I have a line on a black Accutrax Fork and Black ATAC stem so………
I will also replace the headset with a black XT and hopefully get a XT seat post as well.
The fella also had the 93 catalog and the Ultimate cable routing poster.
I will update as soon as I have collected the additional parts.

IMG_3879
IMG_3880IMG_3887IMG_3889IMG_3890

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Cool stuff Lawrence. Looks like a great foundation for a fun project.

And I do work too much. Just reading about you doing a midweek morning ride at Grand Ridge is enough to make me envious.

·
1,529 Posts
Dunno. Ultimate serial numbers are actually somewhat reliable. I have seen an invoice from September 1991 that shows U1419 was given as trade to finish drywall on the new Yeti factory in Durango.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, so I had some free time yesterday and today and decided to change some things up.
Switched out the Rithcey Brakes and DX shifter/lever combo for some black XT cantis and thumb shifters. I also put on some XT pedals and some NOS Spec extreme skinwall tires.
The fella I bought it from was nice enough to supply me with a new elastomer kit for the fork so that got fixed as well.
Still thinking of a silver ATAC stem if I keep the fork or would black be better?
Also I am going to try and find a XT post.

IMG_3902

IMG_3901

IMG_3899

photo (1)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.