Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too many of these frames around that haven't cracked already, and if it's not cracked then it probably wasn't ridden, like this one. I built this up with the original XTR group I got with a bike back in 1992/93, although a few components got replaced for this project. Of note is the 39 piece SRP Ti bolt kit that came with the original group, but otherwise it's a straight forward build. One thing I found is that the Avid Rollamajig is pretty much required to keep the long length of derailleur house in check during suspension action.

Man1.jpg

Man2.jpg

Man3.jpg

Man4.jpg

Man5.jpg

Man6.jpg

Man7.jpg

Man8.jpg

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Wow!! Excellent!

SSMike might want to use that as an ad for his shop. ;)

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I never get tired of seeing those. Cool bike.

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Wow!!!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Very nice TD :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Your builds never cease to amaze :cool:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey DC very nice! Although I'm not a fan of aluminium frames the ones from Manitou always caught my eye. Beautiful cnc work on those.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Super Manitou FS

Hi,

this is a really fine bike. But see, here both of them are the DH Version, they have bigger frames, they don't crack ;)

Manitou EFC.JPG

Manitou M3.JPG

by Stefan

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
The red is really a refreshing change from every other blue/polished one I've seen. I think these are a great representation of the CNC era.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts