Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 Breezer with decent original paint!

The Cloud 9 was a one year bike for 1993 and used the same frame as the Lightning model with lighter parts. The original bike used an odd mix of Suntour and Shimano components with a Breezer crank and a whole host of Ti bolts. The claimed weight was 20.9 pounds for a complete bike. Production was about 50 units for the year. This particular bike was likely stripped of its parts and sold as a frame only and then built with a pretty conventional Suntour XC Pro parts package.

·
1,529 Posts
This was the bike I wanted most when I was a kid. I still have my 93 Xmas wish list with it on there (along with a Proflex 853 :rolleyes: )

I was 13 and didn't deserve it.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Wow, Only 50

I guy on my soccer team had one that he rode to practice every day on. I was envious and really should have offered to buy it from him.

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
ameybrook said:
This was the bike I wanted most when I was a kid. I still have my 93 Xmas wish list with it on there (along with a Proflex 853 :rolleyes: )

I was 13 and didn't deserve it.
me too. though i was already much older than that... still a kid.;)

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Really nice. I'd like to have a Breezer to ride.

Looks like a rare one with that paint. And by rare with that paint...i mean not totally wrecked. :p

Need to find a matching fork for it!

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
I had a hankering for a Breezer Lightening or Cloud 9 too, but my coworkers told me I was too big and would lay waste to the frame too quickly. That kept me off plenty of nice bikes, even if I did ride like a big sissy back then (read no big air)

Such lovely paint jobs.

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
Does the fact that I have slicks on most of my bikes right now answer that question?

Well, not really as there aren't a ton of trails nearby and I'd rather ride anywhere I can, include on road, than not at all.

Yes, I have never been much for catching air. I kind of have balance issues when it comes to landing. Maybe I'll post a picture of my shoulder later to give you an idea what I am talking about. I seem to be able to find trees while at speed too. As much as I would ***** about it while on a ride, I actually like climbing more than descending

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
Who were those distributed through? I seem to recall seeing them in the first few pages of the Quality catalog back in the day, and IIRC, I seem to recall Quality or whoever had to blow them out at the end of the year.

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quality had them for awhile but the later years were through Merry Sales. Merry was the one who was blowing out the last year models for cheap.

If anyone has an original fork, give me a shout. I would prefer the Breezer fork but that was the best I could do.

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
I've always liked the Breezers. They had a "vintage" look even when they were new.

I saw one recently that was fillet brazed -- that was new to me. Would love to have one like that :thumbsup:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Joe Steel said:
I've always liked the Breezers. They had a "vintage" look even when they were new.

I saw one recently that was fillet brazed -- that was new to me. Would love to have one like that :thumbsup:
Ah, that Lightning Flash. That was a rare one. Not too many of those made. If it was my size, I would have made an aggressive play at it.

But I agree with you, the paint schemes and set ups are classy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I friend that I rode with back in the the early and mid 90s had the red version Cloud 9. He picked it up used in about 1994, he nor I knew they only made 50 of them! I better call him and see if he still has it!

Ryan

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
On friday I saw a NOS 93 Storm hanging in a bike store with a price tag on it. Looked beautiful. Maroonish Red and white or cream. Tough to tell it was hanging up in poor light.
Sharp looking in person.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.