Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rescue this bike from a old garage and it was dirty like crazy, and I just refinish every single part of it. I'm just wonder about the front suspension. I can't found any other trek of that year with the trek mogul suspension. I just see one on this forum but I think it was a 8000 series with the same fork but thread less. I use to see others with the same color frame but without the suspension fork. the bike looks nice and run smooth after make all the necessary adjustments. any info about original price on it, and year? it's a bonded frame?

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I bought a 1994 Trek 7000 new. It did not have a suspension fork. The MSRP was $700, I got it for $500. They did not have any 7000s (or 8000s for that matter) with suspension in any store, I don't think it was an available option except on the 9000 series carbon fiber bikes. I do know that they showed me a 1995 7000 that did come with a suspension fork, but it was in the $900 range. In 1994 the component group was Shimano STX. So based on that yours has got to be 1993 or older, they came with LX/Exage components. Mine was stolen years ago. They are nice bikes, and were considered high end back in the day, but I have heard that the bonded frames have problems as they age. You might also want to check out this link to part of the 1991 catalog for more info.

http://www.vintage-trek.com/images/trek/91/1991TrekCatalog.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I'm all ready check from 1989 - 1992 catalog and some other web pages and by the colors and components sound more like a 1991. the exage rear deraiuller i think it was replaced for some reason, sence this is the only part that is a exage, the rest it's deore lx. the think is that the 1" threaded suspension fork was made for trek's bikes and it can't be exclusive for the bike I have, there have to be more like this at least in some others models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the frame condition and even the rims side walls looks like the bike had very little use. sence the rims side wall still have the original color on most of it. just in some parts you can see the aluminum color, for that reason I still thinking that the suspension fork came with the bike or was a special add by the original owner, but hard to know.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Take a look at the BB shell. There should be some information stamped into it.

Would you mind taking a picture of it and posting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its 1991. I used to own this bike. It came with a green handle bar and no shox. Very light.
Rapid fire shifters and Deore LX derailer and gel seat. Aluminum frame black with green splatter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts