·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Restore and ride! No real point hanging it on the wall unless its broken. If you do decide to single it send the parts my way! Thanks.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Keep rockin' it as it is or restore to original spec.

I had the same year, next model down as my first real MTB too.

·
Registered
512 Posts
That was my first 'real' mountain bike. I loved that thing (other than the matte finish), it was built like a brick $hithouse.

And ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Hey, I did that exact same reflector tape thing on my 1st real mtb in the early 90's.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Those are great bikes....I'd say classic as far as off shore mass produced stuff. Mass Produced Classic . MPC... you heard it here first.

-Schmitty-

·
ephsea
24 Posts
Schmitty said:
Those are great bikes....I'd say classic as far as off shore mass produced stuff. Mass Produced Classic . MPC... you heard it here first.

-Schmitty-
MPC...good potential thread name? I have lots that fall into this category - ride great but not collectible. This place needs more acronyms...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I know there are some here that put their nose up to anything that wasn't hand made in a one-man shop, but I think most would consider 80s to early 90s Stumpys as classics.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm biased but I reckon the Stumpy is a classic. Definitely had many years of great riding with it.

Bummer is after back surgery the riding position has proved to be way too stretched out for me. I ride a Mojo HD dually now, absolutely love it (do ride it like I stole it!).

Rather than hack up the Stumpy to turn it into an around town bike (sacrilege!) I reckon it might be better to hang it up on the wall as is and take it out once in a while. Might put the original forks and stem back on, that's probably about it.

·
artistic...
7,598 Posts
" is that an MPC
Hey you know me"
enter the jackson 5 chorus: lalalalalaala

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
colker1 said:
" is that an MPC
Hey you know me"
enter the jackson 5 chorus: lalalalalaala
Drinking tonight? :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Digitalhippie! Blog away. Nice 24" Kris. I went the cheapo route and modified a Torker to fit a 2.35 Mtn tire. Tube mod under the seat, I'm good with it. Brakes would be nice but I honestly go easy stuff only with one wheel. Plus clamp on canty's are way fugly. Want me to post a pik of the drive side so you can get a 1X visual of the stumpy? It really works well. Ride on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts