Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up a little while back in Marin from the original owner's family. The original owner ordered this bike from his LBS in Mill Valley back in the day. When he took delivery of the bike he was disappointed with the original American Breezer decals. He much preferred the Breezer lll decals set. Well being friends of Joe Breeze had it's privileges, Joe swapped them out. This is a 1988 serial #B9299 and has a full XT build.
photo2.jpeg photo3.jpeg

·
gobsmacked
8,757 Posts
Hey Shawn,

I know this has been a pretty long project for you. You did great. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see it in person. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Diggin the alternate decal choice!
I really struggled if I should go with the original decals, but for this bike they are original. Plus, I went to JB's and he had an American Breezer with Type lll decals; figured if it was good enough for him it's good enough for me.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Nice work SW. That ended up being a longer resto process than you anticipated I think. Came out ace though! We need to get you posting bigger pictures though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice work SW. That ended up being a longer resto process than you anticipated I think. Came out ace though! We need to get you posting bigger pictures though.
Those Koski's, well you felt my pain.
When we do our 87 v.s 88 Shootout you can post the pics ;)

BTW, got a Hite-Rite coming courtesy of the man himself.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts