Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, there's been a big influx of these 1987 WTB/Trek Team bikes lately so ECS asked to start a thread and with CCMDoc to ShawnW.'s October 1987 Mountain Bike Action magazine, I've scanned some photos of them so we can all build identical bikes! :p Those that have them or have information regarding them, post them up.

Mine is not ready for prime time. Still need to sort brakes, the front derailleur mount, and add a stubby to my fork but otherwise, I should have the other parts. I'll add a picture when done...in about a million years from now in Bike Completion Time.

Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle jersey

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Publication

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Rim

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
If there's a trek to have, these are it

I wanna see a line up of these and all the dropbar jellybeans together

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
VRC has gone all Trek on us?

Sigh...

This is like bringing Hot Dogs to a BBQ competition.

Slather it with sauce but it's still a Hot Dog.

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
All you need is an Al Trek frame...and Speedmasters, a Potts stem. Oh and a Type 2 fork. No problem. Throw in a Cunningham post and some WTB hubs and you have a cheap replica.

G

·
Their were less than 20 of these made, and they were all called WTB Treks. They were custom built 1 at a time. They either went to a "Team Member" or a "Customer". It's as simple as that.

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,021 Posts
G, thanks for the scan...bikes with toe clips on the cover, yay.

As far as the Trek frames go, and assuming even the "Team" bikes had factory serial numbers, I'd be curious to see if there's any logic to them.
My plain old red frame is 293522, and the white/blue one is 290709...anyone else care to share?

Steve

1 - 20 of 114 Posts