Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one of my favorite bikes. The fillet work is immaculate which is especially important with the nickel plating. One of 60 Series III bikes (10 Series I, 25 Series II).

More details @ https://mombat.org/1986_Breezer_SeriesIII.htm

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bushpig said:
Very very nice. You might try a shorter chain and a less dumb gear though ;)
That is the problem with having the new kid (AKA Gilligan) take pictures. He just wipes the bike down and then take the pictures. Sometimes he goofs something up or misses something that I wouldn't have taken pictures of........but since I don't have the time to take that many pictures, it is our best alternative (unless one of ya'll want to fly in and become the official MOMBAT photographer;) ).

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
I'll have a seat sandwich please.

Someone slipped the 1991 Superglide chainrings into the 1984 parts bin. ;)

Beautiful bike. Thanks for sharin'!
I'm always torn on what to do about some of the parts. Those rings were on the bike when we got it and were put there by the original owner. They obviously didn't come on the bike originally but it would have been a common "upgrade". Then, if we decide to replace them, it can be tough to find original parts in the proper condition. Any opinions?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
First Flight said:
That is the problem with having the new kid (AKA Gilligan) take pictures. He just wipes the bike down and then take the pictures. Sometimes he goofs something up or misses something that I wouldn't have taken pictures of........but since I don't have the time to take that many pictures, it is our best alternative (unless one of ya'll want to fly in and become the official MOMBAT photographer;) ).
Just whip up a little one page instruction list of bike pose requirements (including proper gear selection and leveling the cranks) and key points of interest to photograph.

If he doesn't, he's either fired or has to spend the night at wES' house.

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rumpfy said:
Just whip up a little one page instruction list of bike pose requirements (including proper gear selection and leveling the cranks) and key points of interest to photograph.
I showed him a couple of times on the first bikes that he photographed but it looks like he forgot. Probably something to do with being 16 and only working a couple of days a week?

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
First Flight said:
I showed him a couple of times on the first bikes that he photographed but it looks like he forgot. Probably something to do with being 16 and only working a couple of days a week?
you could put Hite Rites on all the bikes so that he won't slam the seat to the top tube as he rides to the photo location. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.