Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Nice :thumbsup: much cleaner than I thought. I'm having alittle remorse not getting this myself :madman: but I'm glad it went to a good home :D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
88 Super Comp..

I think I just scored on a 1988 Super Comp. Appears to be mostly original, am told the frame, paint and decals are in good shape. I'll see it tomorrow around noon, all I've seen so far is a small picture. 21 inch frame, complete bike for $125.00...sounds good to me....pictures to follow if I'm lucky...stay tuned

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
stan4bikes said:
I think I just scored on a 1988 Super Comp. Appears to be mostly original, am told the frame, paint and decals are in good shape. I'll see it tomorrow around noon, all I've seen so far is a small picture. 21 inch frame, complete bike for $125.00...sounds good to me....pictures to follow if I'm lucky...stay tuned
That bike looks waaayyyy too big for you! :). Looking forward to a lot more pics.

Todd Z.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
ouch!

well, my good score fell thru due to an a poophead Craigslist loser. I had it arranged to buy and this guy because he missed out told the seller the bike was worth way more. It was, but the other guy was just being spiteful. The seller, also now a poophead, decided not to sell...for now anyway and not at that price! Oh well, what goes round comes round.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
stan4bikes said:
well, my good score fell thru due to an a poophead Craigslist loser. I had it arranged to buy and this guy because he missed out told the seller the bike was worth way more. It was, but the other guy was just being spiteful. The seller, also now a poophead, decided not to sell...for now anyway and not at that price! Oh well, what goes round comes round.
You outted yourself before the deal was sealed and the bike was in your hands. IMO, poorly played on your part.

I wouldn't (and I don't think anyone in this forum would) cockblock you for the sake of cockblocking, but if I didn't catch that post until you linked it in this forum, what's to stop me from offering $200 and a pick up? You snooze you lose.

Some Craigslist sellers are honorable, some not. I've deal with both and have taken advantage of their honesty (holding a bike at the agreed upon price) and dishonesty (selling to me at a slightly higher price and/or if I get there first with the cash).

There are no rules on Craigslist, but perhaps a lesson learned. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.