Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
82Sidewinder said:
I think it's identical to the Klunker 5. There was a guy riding a Klunker 5 at the fall Trexlertown show, but he had no interest at all in selling it.
I thought I had read somewhere that Schwinn used the Klunker name in certain markets and the Spitfire name in others? or maybe it was a limited release later in the year?

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
djmuff said:
Wow, that bike is clean. And cool. 5-speed Schwinn cruisers are tons of fun. Where are you finding such gorgeous bikes? The Sidewinder looks brand new!
We've had most of these bikes for awhile now. As we get time, I am taking new pictures of these bikes and posting them to the MOMBAT.org web site. I'll try to post them here as well as time allows. I think the Sidewinder was from Bob Hufford (keeper of the vintage lightweight Schwinn web site). He bought it for his dad who rarely rode it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
First Flight said:
I thought I had read somewhere that Schwinn used the Klunker name in certain markets and the Spitfire name in others? or maybe it was a limited release later in the year?
According to a thread on the Schwinn website, the Klunker 5 name was used for 1978-79 before Schwinn was sued for copyright infringement. Schwinn then started using the Spitfire name.

http://www.schwinnbike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61689

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.