Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

19.5 big enough?

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  AZ 
#1 ·
I know, I know. A person should ride the bike first for proper fit, but I want to build my next bike and I don't know of anyone in the south Texas area who possesses or sells Sette. Technically speaking, is the Flite 19.5 large enough for a 6'5" 200lbs rider? The Sette sizing chart starts at 5'11" and ends at 6'2" for the largest size available. I know it's only three inches, but every other size listed has a from "min" height to "max" height suggestion leading one to believe that 6'2" is the suggested max for the large. Thanks and before anybody tells me to post in the Sette forum, I did and this forum is what was recommended.

#27 ·
#29 ·
AZ.MTNS said:
This is probably about the correct size : www.turnerbikes.com/09rfx.html - comes in a XXL .
Thanks for putting forth the effort, but chingow! The 2008 version of that frame is listed at over $2000 on the Turner website. No telling what they will want for the new one. I was hoping to build a complete for less than that.

#30 ·
thoggard said:
Thanks for putting forth the effort, but chingow! The 2008 version of that frame is listed at over $2000 on the Turner website. No telling what they will want for the new one. I was hoping to build a complete for less than that.
Its very hard to find bikes/frames in appropriate sizes , just for reference I am 6'3" tall with a 32.5" bike inseam . My 5" bike is a Giant in a 22" frame size , I would consider that a starting point for you to get yourself on the right size . Good hunting . :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.