Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m riding a 17.5 bike and it came with the 175mm cranks. The 15.5 Roscoe comes with the 170mm cranks. So I thought it would be no big deal to just order some of those from the lbs. after talking to them yesterday they said they couldn’t get the stock 170 cranks. They can order me a nx or gx cranks but they come with a 32t ring and didn’t know if the 32 would clear the chainstays.

Has as anyone swapped the cranks or chainring on their Roscoe?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I have not. The stock crank on the 15.5 Rosco 8 is the Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 170mm with 30t ring. You can find that crank on line with a 32. I bet the 32 will will fit, but if it doesn't, you can swap over your existing 30t ring.

That's not to say that going with the other LBS suggestions would be bad. You could swap your existing chainring onto either of those too.

·
Adobo Lover
985 Posts
I have dropped down. I replaced it with the GX. Chain length is still the same but I ended up with the common problem of back pedaling and the chain being sucked in on the easiest gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.