Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Mtbr crew,
I am considering selling my 650b Heckler I've had for the last 6mo or so.

I do love it, it works really well, makes me feel good about the simplicity and function, and keeps the the maintenance low. If I was just doing my normal riding season, I'd keep it and continue to love it.
but,
in my 45th year, I decided it will be a big race year for me. Downieville again (I raced it at 30 and 40), and I'm racing the entire CA enduro series, as well as thur night xc races.
I decided to give myself the best possible results, I should drop a couple pounds of bike weight for one, and maybe get a design to maximize up and down speed a bit more.

So,
It's a blk frame, w/ a 150 pike, KS Lev 100mm dropper, flow ex wheels), xt rear derailler, single race face narrow wide chainring on slx crank and mrp 1x guide, XT brakes, specialzed henge Ti saddle, Ibis carbon bar at 730mm wide. wtb vigilante tires.

Any idea what this should go for on the used market? tough to find comparables as the hecklers tend to be low end specs through SC.
retail,
frame 1200
fork 1000
wheels, (they are new)600
lev, 400
seat 100
bars 100
plus drivetrain and tires and build etc...

any help? it's in great shape.

Thx!
Holiday
PS
mods, I will post this in the for sale section if I end up deciding to sale.
I just need more info, you'll get your income... thx, holiday

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's a solid kit you've got on that bike. You might get lucky, as it's only 6 months old, but after a year I feel the value quickly goes to 50%.

As a past heckler owner I think the main issue you are going to have is your target market. Most people who will be looking for hecklers will be looking to spend $1-$2k for a used heckler. Folks that are looking to spend $3k are looking for a used $5-6K carbon bike.

Your parts are good, but I would be tempted to keep what you like and put them on your new bike. Then either replace the heckler parts with cheaper stuff, and sell anything off your new complete as near new.

I'd say post it online for what you think it's worth and go from there. If no one bites, go lower or start thinking of alternatives.

You might get lucky, like this guy is hoping to:

Santa Cruz Bike - Heckler

Good Luck and see you a downieville!

PS- what are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question,

I am thinking of the intense tracer 275 carbon.
but,

my idealistic sense to just keep the simple single pivot and enjoy,
my competitive side says, If i'm 5% quicker on gucci bike, maybe it's worth it this year..

still weighing it out.

I figure 4k to 4.5k at retail, I was thinking 3-3.5k

it is 650b, new in line bike w/ cool stuff that everybody wants like the pike and KS,
but I see your point.
thx,
holiday

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Quote: You might get lucky, like this guy is hoping to:

Santa Cruz Bike - Heckler
[/QUOTE]

That guy is never gonna get anywhere close to that price for that '06 or older Heckler! i recently sold my 2010 Butcher, in great shape nice parts and i had to really work it for 3 months just to get a grand.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leaning back to keeping heckler.
and, I I go high end,
just getting a bronson carbon frame and transferring everything and selling the frame only. i love the position and handling, just could enjoy a pound or 2 lighter and maybe better braking bump absorption, where the heckler stiffens up a bit more then I had on my last bike (ripley).
cheers,
Holiday

·
I fix choppers
992 Posts
Leaning back to keeping heckler.
and, I I go high end,
just getting a bronson carbon frame and transferring everything and selling the frame only. i love the position and handling, just could enjoy a pound or 2 lighter and maybe better braking bump absorption, where the heckler stiffens up a bit more then I had on my last bike (ripley).
cheers,
Holiday
What size frame is it and how much would you sell just the frame for?

:devil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts