Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAL 9000 said:
i think your gonna be trumped in a few weeks.

if the 26" cannondale flash with sram xx is 16.5 Lbs

what do you think the 29er cannondale flash carbon with sram xx is gonna weigh in at...?
its not my bike! and the Flash 29er will be at least 1.5-2lbs heavier, 29er is not HiMod and set to way a about the same as a superfly

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The 29er Flash, even with lower modulus carbon, should be about the same weight as the Fisher frame with BB30 making it possible to save 100gr and more in the crankset though... Plus, time will tell but the Flash was designed to be quite strong and durable, some of the Fisher's weaknesses...

No front suspension, only 9 gears and 18lbs... I'm not sure of the part specs but it doesn't seem terribly impressive as far as weight is concerned. But it doesn't look like the lightest weight was the main goal.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
RockStarRacing said:
its not my bike! and the Flash 29er will be at least 1.5-2lbs heavier, 29er is not HiMod and set to way a about the same as a superfly
me thinks with the 2.97 lb lefty carbon and the 580g hollowgram crankset

sram xx, stans ztr race hoops and other light weight blingy trinkets the cannondale flash 29er with front suspension and 2x10 gears will still be lighter than the 18lb ridged 1x9 superfly.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Don't forget that 580gr is the road version of the Hollowgram SL, the XX version is the heaviest Hollowgram SL version, heavier than previous 29-44 versions since the spider is so big and chunky and that the XX rings are quite heavy too... It will still be lighter than a XTR though, and a Hollowgram SL with a single ring (as mine is setup), crazy light, super stiff! :thumbsup:

But, we are kind of hijacking this thread now... sorry for that.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
RockStarRacing said:
.......and its Geared. Bars, Stem and Seat are not my cup of tea, and would prefer an MRP guide, other than that, i like it a lot..........but its not mine, its Mike Siminson's from the 29er crew............

http://mikesimonson.blogspot.com/2009/11/18-lbs-flat.html

It's probably just me, but I do not like that fork on most bikes. The only bike I really "see it" on is the new carbon Niner.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAL 9000 said:
me thinks with the 2.97 lb lefty carbon and the 580g hollowgram crankset

sram xx, stans ztr race hoops and other light weight blingy trinkets the cannondale flash 29er with front suspension and 2x10 gears will still be lighter than the 18lb ridged 1x9 superfly.
no chance.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
20.100 FR said:
hal9000 : i have seen this bike for real.
The tires are real skinny and thin ! No really trail worthy in my opinion.
well, you might want to check your eyesight, real skinny and thin? they are Stans ravens, at 2.0" wide, and even though they are race tire's, they are still trail worthy, as maybe, race's, on trails, go figure......

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
HAL 9000 said:
i think your gonna be trumped in a few weeks.

if the 26" cannondale flash with sram xx is 16.5 Lbs

what do you think the 29er cannondale flash carbon with sram xx is gonna weigh in at...?
That's without pedals in size medium.:D

Finally!!! It looks like Cannondale has taken the Scott formula by building top end, very light weight XC bikes and slapping the customary "ya gotta pay to play" price tag on there. The 26" C-Dale pictured has a $9600 price. Any concerns that they are rolling with Furious Freds on there. Hmmm....there are the Crows and Ravens which are just as fast, but a bit more durable.

Let's, see a size L or XL Cannondale in the 29"er format with all the bells and whistles (via upgrades) and the lower grade carbon that Cannodale will use on the 29"ers to keep the price down could probably be in the 20 - 22 lb range with Furious Freds on there. Unfortunately, they have not used the same weight weenie goodies on the 29"er version as the 26" Ultimate and my guess is this will bring the weight way up. They didn't even use the same goodies that is on the 26" Flash 1.

Then there is that 19.5 lb Soma Juice....

Either way, you still have to produce the amount of power required to get the right power/weight ratio and couple that with superior bike handling skills to reach the podium - no matter what your bike weighs. 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 or 25 lbs.

I can imagine the Niner Air 9 carbon with the carbon fork in the S and M sizes with race treads like a Furious Fred or Crow, SRAM XX or other lightweight components easily being in the 16 - 18 lbs range.

This is all standard stuff over on the weight weenie board and has been for years.:D One just has to pay to play...

BB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.