Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
pretty new to the forum but thought i'd share my new build.

niner one9 frame large
pace rc29 carbon fork
ck headset
fsa 115 110mm stem
azonic st1 carbon riser bar
ritchey wcs foam grips
avid juicy ultimate brakes 160f 140r
07 xtr cranks
candy sl pedals
blackspire 32t downhill chainring
kmc gold superlite bmx chain
niner 20t cog
ck ss rear hub
ck front hub
stans 355 rims
revolution spokes
blue alloy nipples
bontrager jones xr tires (stansized)
easton ec90 seatpost
salsa flip off seat collar
slr saddle,leather and foam stripped,reshaped.
specialized bottle cage

so far it's 18lbs on the money but should get around 17.5 when the sb8's arrive.i also have a 24.75lb 29"spider but i'm totally hooked on the ss thing these days.
rode the niner for the first couple of weeks with a reba mounted but just rode with the rigid fork today and don't think i'll be going back to suspension any time soon.i love this bike!
cheers.

Attachments

·
donkey
263 Posts
damn... whats the price tag? you could loose some weight in the chain, pedals, cog, and chainring.

Edit: whoops, my bad -- i just noticed that the pedals match the headset/ hubs. nice

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
How do like the feel of that fork?

That is one nice looking/sounding bike. Currently developing a chub. I like the Reba fork and the F100X but some carbon simplicity sounds tasty. Please, I would like to hear your thoughts on that beast!
Thanks
db

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm....price tag? well,i have to admit to getting a bit carried away with employee purchasing and having a great wife that lets me spend whatever i earn at the bike shop on bikes!
i could def.get lighter in certain areas but being 200lbs i didn't want to end up with anything too fragile.i'd say the spokes and maybe the rims are the only iffy bits but time will tell.
only ridden the fork once so far but the combo of carbon legs and 29" wheels make for a very cushy ride.it corners unreal too without suspension.i love it.can't wait til the sun comes up to go ride it again:thumbsup:
anyone notice a lot of the logos missing on bars,post,stem,brakes etc? many hours of hand sanding and reclearing to get rid of the overly popular red logos.just wouldn't match,right?;)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
damn! that is one sweet rig....you are bummin me out big time....like a FOOL, I sold my 19.2 lb One 9 some time ago. I love the bike I used the money towards but still.....it is exactly what I want now again!.

here is my 19.2 lb beast...not nearly the high end bling, but i loved it nonetheless :madman:

Attachments

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
bubbles29 said:
hi all,
pretty new to the forum but thought i'd share my new build.

so far it's 18lbs on the money but should get around 17.5 when the sb8's arrive.i also have a 24.75lb 29"spider but i'm totally hooked on the ss thing these days.
rode the niner for the first couple of weeks with a reba mounted but just rode with the rigid fork today and don't think i'll be going back to suspension any time soon.i love this bike!
cheers.
Wow! that looks just like mine.. :thumbsup:

There is nothing quite like a light weight 'flicky' SS One Niner...good fun.. :D

R.

·
Just hit it with speed
480 Posts
That Tang Frame w/ black wheels and blue accents is just sick dude. You better ride the hell out of that thing or trade me straight up for my rig

Whats the deal with Scandium? What is it most comparable to and in what terms? Weight I'm assuming its like Aluminum, but I care most about how it rides? Steel? Ti? Alum? How is the geometry?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey,thanks for the positive responses guys.i felt for sure someone would start bagging on me for a negative stem with a riser bar or something they've decided i did wrong!:D

sb8's are kenda small block 8's.i'm still waiting for the next shipment to arrive.i'm hoping for around 500gr as advertised which will save 100 over my rear and 140 over the front but it sounds like their advertised weight was a little optimistic.if that's the case i'll probably head towards 2.0 karmas.

i guess i'll need to do another post for my spider but it's built very similar to the niner but with xo shifting and a reba race fork.it's just collecting dust in the living room these days and may go up for sale soon as it deserves to be ridden.the niner just makes me smile more!:thumbsup:

can't really give you an educated opinion on scandium (although i could make one up:D ) and it's ride qualities as i've been on full suspension for so long but i guess it's supposed to be more comfy than straight aluminium.scandium just sounds cooler to me! with the 29" wheels and carbon fork it feels great on the downhills.i'm just a bit more careful on line choice and try to be as smooth as possible.

just fitted a ritchey 4 axis stem today (bit lighter!) so i'm off to the garage to get rid of some logos!!
again,thanks and glad you like it.:)

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
There are 2 threads on the 29er board discussing actual weights of the SB8s. I knew the answer, but didn't want to assume and burst any bubbles. :)

Nice bike.

I have the same one and I love it.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I'm no SSer or rigid rider (have a rigid RockHopper, but that doesn't count really) but I must say that's one sweet looking bike and a heck of a sweet build :thumbsup: Love the paint :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.