Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a Domain 318 180mm (22" axle to crown) fork on my '06 Coiler. I think it is a little to tall. I will be reducing the travel to 160mm as soon as possible. It is usable if need be. It might be really easy to reduce the travel untill you but it on the other bike. Then you could just change it back. It is super easy on the Domain and only $35 for the part.

·
Do it all or nothing
736 Posts
Buy a 66 ata, it can easily be reduced to 160 for the AM and if you'd like extended later to 180 for the DH. It also still has the RC3 system. to save money there is even a 55 RC-3 (160mm). Also Dowst rode his for the longest time with an 888, at 170mm. Voided the warraty but looked like a beast.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
thecrackerasscracker said:
im thinking about putting a Marzocchi 66 RC-3 on my coiler frame till i save money for a new frame
anybody here ever ride a 180 mm on this frame
I would expect it to hold just fine, but handling will probably be worse.

I am happy with my 160mm Wotan, and I do use travel adjustment to 120 for climbs and some trails. Personally I would not feel any advantage in going for a longer travel fork..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Curmy said:
I would expect it to hold just fine, but handling will probably be worse.

I am happy with my 160mm Wotan, and I do use travel adjustment to 120 for climbs and some trails. Personally I would not feel any advantage in going for a longer travel fork..
What is the axle to crown(top) on that fork?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.