Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Now, now Mr. 80mm.

Bike Nazi said:
might work for you.:)
LOL!...actually I was thinking more like the 12" Monster T.:D Having seen some of these Nomads with 7-8 dual crown forks in action, apparently they work under the right circumstances. The U-Turn on certain Boxxers allow more flexibility in this area, but I'll still bet these setups aren't the hot setup outside of shuttled venues and bike parks. Though the Nomad is capable of fitting these forks, it sure seems like it is moving into the area of a VP Free as a better platform. It might be nice to have the ability to slap on that bigger fork for places like Whistler and such, and then revert back to the long travel and lighter single crown for AM use. It is kinda neat that SC built the Nomad to take bigger dual crown forks if so desired or needed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
HKG CHAMELEON said:
I am keen to try out some larger forks on my NOMAD. I currently have a 36 VAN RC2 but would like to beef up the bike.

Has anyone got any photos of their bikes built up with 180MM FORKS?
Hi,
I have the Boxxer Rides set up on my Nomad (see the link someone else posted above) however I'm looking to go back to a 36 short term and then probably get a Rockshox Lyric when it comes out in September.

The bike is great for gnarly downhill courses, but that is a small percentage of what I ride. Took it for a long ride with a mate on a Yeti 575 the other day and there was no way I could keep up. Seeing as the Nomad will handle alot with a 160mm fork anyway, I'm going back to single crown I think.

It's also so much more fun and nimble on tight singletrack etc. I'll keep the Boxxers & DHX Coil for heavy duty tracks, but I think my day to day ride will be the Lyric and RP3 shock.

·
All Mt, DH
488 Posts
180mm is a bit hard to achieve unless you goto dual crown.
The Marzocchi 66 line has some 170mm single crown options which are nice... 66 RC2x, 66 SL, 66 Light ETA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.