Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture of the 18"? I've only seen the 15". Google images had nothing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't really care, i just ordered one today, and I wanted to see what it looked like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats sux, I was hoping to fit a 2.7 on it, but im gonna run a 24 in the back, so will that be better?

·
Chillin the Most
4,015 Posts
Baron Von Zipper said:
What are you guys going to be using the Titan for? I was hoping to get one and use it for some freeride, as well as tooling around.
I bought mine to do some urban on and to use as a dirtjump bike. I'm not much of a jumper, so I need the practice. I also figure I could take it out on the local trails for some agrro XC riding, just change the stem and tires.

For what your describing I think the Titan should fit the bill pretty well. Minus the tire clearence issue, thankfully I didn't plan to run a bigger tire than a 2.3, I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hubs for a Titan

I'm looking to build up a Titan's for times when the 51.5lbs Big Hit doesn't cut it. Like night time Urban in San Francisco. Was wondering what the spacing for rear hubs is like? Idealy I want to run 24's front and rear on the Titan with the same hubs and brake rotors as my Big Hit so I can swap wheels. I have the stock hubs on the Big Hit by the way. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also 6'0" and 190lbs. Would want to go with the 15 inch titan but think the 18 would fit better.

THX.

·
Chillin the Most
4,015 Posts
Bodhi3 said:
I'm looking to build up a Titan's for times when the 51.5lbs Big Hit doesn't cut it. Like night time Urban in San Francisco. Was wondering what the spacing for rear hubs is like? Idealy I want to run 24's front and rear on the Titan with the same hubs and brake rotors as my Big Hit so I can swap wheels. I have the stock hubs on the Big Hit by the way. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also 6'0" and 190lbs. Would want to go with the 15 inch titan but think the 18 would fit better.

THX.
The hub spacing for the Titan is the same as the Big Hit, 110mm front and 135mm rear. To swap your wheels back and forth you'll need to do two things. 1) make sure the fork your putting on the Titan has a 20mm front hub. 2) redish your rear wheel every time you move it from one bike to the other. Big Hits use a zero dish setup (asymetrical stays) and the Titan doesn't. Trust me on this I tried it with my Big Hit rear wheel just for giggles. Didn't work.

I'm 6'4" and ride an 18. Its prerfect for me. At 6' I'd say either one would be good.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Made me turn around and take a look...

red5 said:
The hub spacing for the Titan is the same as the Big Hit, 110mm front and 135mm rear. To swap your wheels back and forth you'll need to do two things. 1) make sure the fork your putting on the Titan has a 20mm front hub. 2) redish your rear wheel every time you move it from one bike to the other. Big Hits use a zero dish setup (asymetrical stays) and the Titan doesn't. Trust me on this I tried it with my Big Hit rear wheel just for giggles. Didn't work.

I'm 6'4" and ride an 18. Its prerfect for me. At 6' I'd say either one would be good.
...at the back of my Big Hit behind me. Asymetrical stays sure enought. I never even noticed...

Thanks for the info Red5. I put a Monster T on the big hit and am going to use the old Dirt Jumper IIs for the Titan. You running a single speed setup or gears? I'm leaning towards a single in front and gears in the back so I can go trail riding on it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
23,745 Posts
Bodhi3 said:

THX.
I have an 18" in the mail due to arrive tomorrow, Friday. I'm 6'2" with shoes on, and I'll tell you how it feels when I get it put together on Saturday. I also have a Cannondale Chase with very very similar geometry to the 15.5'' Titan to compare it to. Another thing you might want to consider is their frame availability. Per information from their website I believe they are currently out of 15.5'' frames and only have 18'' frames available. The 2005s will be coming out relatively soon, but you'll have to ask them when they'll be available. Also, I suggest signing up for their level 2 sponsorship. To do so go to their website at http://www.ridesoul.com/sponsorship.html and click on either of the sponsorship application links under "How To Join/Requirements For Application". I've found Chad to be very amicable and easy to talk to.

·
Chillin the Most
4,015 Posts
Bodhi3 said:
...at the back of my Big Hit behind me. Asymetrical stays sure enought. I never even noticed...

Thanks for the info Red5. I put a Monster T on the big hit and am going to use the old Dirt Jumper IIs for the Titan. You running a single speed setup or gears? I'm leaning towards a single in front and gears in the back so I can go trail riding on it. Thanks again.
Presently, I'm running a dual up front (28/38) and gears in back (11-32). I'm wating on the chainguide, MRP should be releasing a new one in the not to distant future that I'm going to swap for the Evil on my Big Hit and move the Evil to the Titan.

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
wow, seems like a lot of people are ordering soul cycles frames.

has anyone actually got some decent ride time in on their frame yet? have any of you really put the thing to the test yet? if so, how about some initial impressions...? tia

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,297 Posts
chuffer said:
wow, seems like a lot of people are ordering soul cycles frames.

has anyone actually got some decent ride time in on their frame yet? have any of you really put the thing to the test yet? if so, how about some initial impressions...? tia
i got my first little ride in on mine yesterday and its sweet. geo feels perfect for what i wanted. took me a while to adjust to it, but after that it was sweet. first 30 minutes on it i bunnyhoped a 2 1/2 foot loading dock. its easy to hold up for manuals. so far im realllly happy with this bike. its the best hardtail ive riden.

·
Registered
23,745 Posts
My 18" came in the mail last Friday, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much beefier the frame is in person (pictures rarely do anything in the bike world justice). I'm just waiting on the front wheel and It will be complete with a pretty sick setup. Thus far, I am very well satisfied with the purchase. However, the true test will come in a few days when my clydesdale ass actually rides the bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.