Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Keep up the pics and reports.

A midnight start sounds like a fun idea. Did the racers do any running to start, like the Granny Gear events?

I couldn't get my friends excited enough to go this year, but I'll keep working on it for next year.

Stupid weather reports keep indicating that Fruita residents better build an ark, but each day the rain seems to be a lot less than predicted. I hope you keep getting good weather for the festival.

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fun start this morning.

Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
Keep up the pics and reports.

A midnight start sounds like a fun idea. Did the racers do any running to start, like the Granny Gear events?

I couldn't get my friends excited enough to go this year, but I'll keep working on it for next year.

Stupid weather reports keep indicating that Fruita residents better build an ark, but each day the rain seems to be a lot less than predicted. I hope you keep getting good weather for the festival.
There is no rain right now. Yesterday morning we got soaked. The race course is in excellent shape. It was a running cyclocross style start. A couple of riders got hung up on each other.

TJ

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, Okay, I heading back out there.

lidarman said:
Get back out there and feed us more pix! :)

BTW, did you see "myraceday.com" shooting the event?
I didn't see them. But that doesnt mean they were not there.

TJ

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
nice...

nice nighttime pics...here are a few from the day time as i pussed out on the staying up all night thing.

pic 1: the competition......
pic 2: the final climb to the finish area
pic 3: sarah rarick the superhuman in the singlespeed duo class
pic 4: jason g. going fast
pic 5: some dude....

cheers

Attachments

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
#4 is a magazine cover, if I ever saw one.

Anyone run across a Hollis looking kind of guy? He's been MIA since Friday.

;)

·
Candlestick Maker
3,606 Posts
TJ. said:
The race officially started. lots of people going to get cold. A couple of pics.
Cool pics. I participated on a four person team (Team Fruity Pebbles) and had a great time. The race was fun, with a lot of twisty singletrack. Barely any real climbing. Lots of fun, friendly people. Some crazy weather. Cold, a little rain during the race, some good sun, and a nice downpour between the end of the race and the awards ceremony.

The duo trek team turned in an incredible 50 laps. The solo women's winner turned in something like 31? laps. Wow.

Oh yeah, and a sign of spending too much time on mtbr...On the final climb, I passed a singlespeeder (Sarah I now know) and recognized her bike from pics posted here.

No pics, sorry.

baker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.