Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know that we don't have one single local entry in the 18 hours of Fruita? Just so you know; 51 teams and not one - ONE - from the local area except Troy's Team who will also be running the event... and the shop...

Just so you know the next time you see the "no cool event" post on MTBR.

Where are the other shops? Where is this new "fruita" Shop (you know the new "headquarters")? Where are the 20 teams from here that do 24 hours of Moab? Where is the Love!?!

OK, now that we got a wind up going... registartion can get to us at OTE as late as This Saturday and we will still get you in... lets go, I dare ya!

That is, unless your scared of "Team Not Trying" whooping ya?

reg from at www.fruitamountainbike.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
OH, I see

ifallalot said:
I know of 2 pair teams that fell prey to the $350 pair team fee... I think i will ride the white rim for free that day...
Fair fee for Moab, fair fee for 23 other pair teams, too much for...

Too bad you didnt ask me, I was looking for locals to help out, oh well, maybe next perspective...

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
"other" Fruita shop entry.....

.....well, I won't have the other "other" Fruita shop open down in Fruita till the Fall......oh, I've said too much!

Be down to scout retail locations, err, to ride a bit first week of May. No 18 hour racing though, just to ride.

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Price of racing...

......ooooh, just checked the race fees for the 18 hour! I suppose it is in line with races of this and other epic nature. Or any big time event. But then, I suppose that is why I haven't been to a big time event in a looooong while.

But 50+ teams sounds like a good showing. I'd imagine the paid local registrants for the Festivus itself is really on the low side, percentage wise, so no worries that the local contingent isn't out in droves for the first 18 hour race. I'd bet a "Ruby Canyon Classic" type ATB race of shorter duration would draw out 100s of locals.

The heckling Jen is giving is well received, though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Special Message for Sparrow

"FU"

Luv ya man... see you in May... BDmonth

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Price of it all

Tweet tweet

I know...you know... the deal with the price of racing

I tried so hard to take the pricing of the major events, come in cheaper, offer a real party, 5 live shows, beer all nght, camping in grass and not sand and put up a style of event that will be better than any endurance sand pit known to MTB 24/12 hour racing.

You just cant win in this stuff and it;s why the only folks doing racing are saying "****em" and doing as little as they can and charging as much as they can.

Me and my noble ambitions once again land me as a hero in the MTB world and a dog in my home town. I have long since ceased to anguish over this foolish dilema of the opinions of fools. I will soon be done and there will be whatever there will be...

...but for now, I do what I can with as much power as I can with as much class as I can and as much "intensity for life" as I can muster in my post middle age slide. As it winds up I find myself in the family of people I have worshiped for my MTB life, I find myself as a peer of those whom I have worshiped all my MTB life, I find myself graced by the presence and respect of some MTB folks I have modeled my life after...
...it's just the locals of the grand valley that I may never understand... but sadly they miss the same, oh well, maybe someday we will all understand.

Till then, I will do all I can as well as I can

...now... if you knew I threw out locally an offer to match half of any local entry fee? You might understand my plight... I say that to the general reader, I know Tim already knows it well.

Peace out and all the best from Troy, some guy in Fruita, doing whatever he is...

·
Registered
52 Posts
poor and bitter...

Im just bitter, as i had already begun to train, and devoted mass amounts of trash talk to the event... As for the 1/2 price statement, that would have brought me in!
I mean no disrespect for OTE or "the guy in fruita", and I would argue that the GV cycle community appreciates the tireless efforts for MTB you guys have made over the years. I was just hoping for a down and dirty, local braggin' rights kind of format. sleep in the dirt, BYOB, hippies with guitars etc...
Our circles do not cross paths, so i was unaware of any local love offering...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Get over it.

Pay the fee and race or don't and just the quit bellyaching about it.

My team paid $450 to "race" the 24hrs of Winterpark we weren't anywhere near the assumption that we'd be competetive (and we certainly were not). Still, it was worth every penny paid (PLUS transport, food, lodging, etc.). It's friggin EXPENSIVE to put these things on - and a total riot to watch, race and be around so many other likeminded, nutty folks.

Keep on truckin' Troy.

As for the new "Singletrack Headquarters of Fruita" - the tagline is a little suspect, but hey - nothing like some new blood to stir things up out there. Keep it real and remember you're both in the envious position of doing the very thing for your livelihood that most of us other poor souls just to get to do "when we get a chance".

I'll stop by the shop on Monday...again on Wednesday...and mabye even again on Thursday!

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
You better verify your entries.

There are several teams entered from the local area. Vineyards has a team. MSC has two teams. There are a few others. FYI.

Now....I would get my arse kicked out there. I don't, won't, can't, wouldn't, race.

TJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.