Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freelance Whatever
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ridden a custom SS for about 2 years now and have decided to spoil myself. I'm interested in spending about $2000-$2500 on a new hardtail and I'm having a wee bit of trouble finding a frame size that will fit. I've ridden both 17" and 19" and neither seem to do the trick. The 19" seemed too big and the 17" seemed a little too cramped. I realize that nothing will feel the same as my SS, but I'd like to come close without many alterations. I'd like to ride an 18" frame and see if "splitting the difference" is the solution. My question is: Which companies out there make 18" frames? I believe that Kona does, but other than that I'm not sure. If you know of any others, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Freelance Whatever
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not, because the standover height would be different. I would like to keep that at about 29". Then there would be the toe-overlap issue as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.