Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

I was looking for a rear shock the other day (air) and I measured the eye to eye length and I couldn't find anything does anyone know a reasonably cheap shock (air) that is that size
cheers, dan

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You also need the stroke length of the shock as well.
170mm is an odd size, what frame is it off? Some manufacturers do have weird sizings on their shocks i.e. Specialized, so replacements in the correct size can sometimes be tricky to source.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You also need the stroke length of the shock as well.
170mm is an odd size, what frame is it off? Some manufacturers do have weird sizings on their shocks i.e. Specialized, so replacements in the correct size can sometimes be tricky to source.
im gonna be a pain in the arse here and ask what the stroke length is, sorry im only 12 and have just gotten into mtb. it is off a fusion kinetik 3300, it is a cheap copy of an expensive bike

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The stroke length is the amount of shaft travel a shock has. You can measure the amount of exposed shaft on the shock and that will be the measurement you need. Most shocks are measured eye to eye x stroke i.e. 200x57.

·
Super Moderator
6,803 Posts
When shopping for rear shocks - two measurements are required:

1) Eye-to-eye(centered) length, in millimeters or inches
2) Stroke length(bottom of air can to bottom of travel barrel), in mm or inches

You have an odd-sized shock size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.