Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a Hardrock 19, which I recently posted a thread 'about feeling a bit stretched-out'. I got a number of very helpful replies about what can be changed to get a better fit (the stem, handlebar), and I am planning on making those changes. But I can't help but wonder if this is just the wrong size frame for me. I'm about 5'7", and the top-tube does make 'contact' if I put both feet on the ground. Is this bike a 'keeper', or should I think about cutting my losses, sell it, and get a 17?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ProEdgeBiker said:
5'7"!!! your LBS should of put you on a 17" just by looking at you. take it back and tell them you want an exchange, if they are an honorable LBS they'll honor your request.
Thanks!--aL1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ProEdgeBiker said:
5'7"!!! your LBS should of put you on a 17" just by looking at you. take it back and tell them you want an exchange, if they are an honorable LBS they'll honor your request.
My new 2009 HRS Disc (17), not quite 24/hours/old. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BeakJones said:
Wow, can't beleive the LBS put a 5'7"guy on a 19, I ride an 18" at 5'10".

Nice looking hard rock, and wtf is a kickstand? lol
Yeah...definitely not the best LBS (and not just for putting me on the 19), I sold it at a small loss, and ordered the 17 from another LBS...the kickstand...I mostly use it for commuting, not many trails here in S.Fla....hmmm, maybe I'll take the thing off, it does look kinda' lame
:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 5'8" and I bought a Hardrock 17" today, same exact color as your first one (black). How do you like yours so far? Pros? Cons? Gripes? Anything you've swapped or are looking to swap or add? Mine is currently being assembled, picking it up in a few days. Already got a couple accessories for it on the way, will post pics soon.

After trying the 19" my LBS said I definitely would be best on a 17". I tried a 15" and it was too small, but a Trek 3700 16" fit me pretty well also. I might've went for the Trek but they only had it in green.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MikeK50 said:
I'm 5'8" and I bought a Hardrock 17" today, same exact color as your first one (black). How do you like yours so far? Pros? Cons? Gripes? Anything you've swapped or are looking to swap or add? Mine is currently being assembled, picking it up in a few days. Already got a couple accessories for it on the way, will post pics soon.

After trying the 19" my LBS said I definitely would be best on a 17". I tried a 15" and it was too small, but a Trek 3700 16" fit me pretty well also. I might've went for the Trek but they only had it in green.
This bike is great. Moving from a Wally-Schwinn, I bought a Trek 4300 (owned it for 24/hours) and exchanged it for a Hardrock/19, sold it, and bought this Hardrock Sport Disc/17. So far, I've added Oury lock-grips, a Sonoma seat, and Avid Speed Dial 7 levers. I was contemplating the Rockhopper Comp Disk, but my finances were getting way' stretched. So far I haven't any complaints and do not regret my purchase. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys I just got a Hardrock sport today. It is the copper color. I see some sizes I am about 5'9" and got a 17 inch.

Brad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.