Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here running a 160mm fork on their BLT2? What fork are you running and how does it handle?

I just got a BLT2 the other day with a 140mm Pike and after riding it this weekend I was thinking there were a few moments where I wondered how a 160mm fork would have made the bike feel.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
I ride an XL LT2 with 36talas and 27.5" wheel - feels great at 130 mostly and 160 mode is incredible when I know it will be fast and demanding. A tad too slow for technical and twisty stuff, esp. as XL and me take a lot of space on the trail:p

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got the 09 talus 36 and was going to get the pike originally on my lt2 but ended up w/ the talus instead. good decision! must say though that having the 130 mode for climbs is definitely nice to have, but when it comes time for the downhill stuff and jumps, 160 rocks:D

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
VERT1 said:
What is the axle to crown when the talas is at 130mm and axle to crown when the Talas is at 160mm?
You can't realy measure the ac at 130, because eveytime the fork locks in a slightly different position in the middle and low modes. Total for 36 is 545mm as I remember. Take 30mm off just for the calculation for 130mm mode

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pete, as you know I had the 36Vans on my BLT1 and loved them, but it does handle better now with the Z1SLs at a slightly lower AC height - more balanced.

But this doesnt mean the BLT2 is the same...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.