Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine told me he has a buddy that has been running his HDR with 650b wheels in 160 travel mode for awhile now and is digging it.

From what I could gather he flipped the front limbo chips (160 version) which provides clearance for the rear tire.

Anyone else try this?

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Not me. I'd be interested to hear actual reports on this. See if you can get more info. My feeling is that there's a lot of potential for Limbo chip mods on these bikes. Just need access to a mill!

That said, I've been running my HDR650b in stock 130-whatever it is mode and I have not missed the travel from my old HD 160. I just got back from AZ where I really tried to push it into the "Damn, I wish I had that last 30mm!" territory and I just didn't really find it wanting. I've got the 160 chips and will be getting another shock to test with sometime, but right now I'm still just loving this bike too much.

The HD/HDR platform still stands as my all-time most fun bike I've ever owned. Ibis got it SO right with this thing.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know the height , I know its higher but it does not seem to be effecting his riding. Only other things I know is he is using a 26" fox 36 160 float and an angleset to slacken it out.

I might borrow a wheelset just to try out sometime in the next few weeks, love my 26" 160 travel HDR, but am somewhat curious about 650b

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.