Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
My son turns 4 this week and I've struggled for a while on what to have him ride. The first time he got on a bike (2 yrs, 6 mos, 17 days of age, but who's countin?) he rode away on a 12" POS. Once he got extremely comfortable on it, after a lot of research here, I went with a Micro mini that he rides great as long as I can help him get on the thing. The geometry is just a little too spread out for his small frame at this point.

Today we were riding and the neighbor girl let him ride her 16" princess bike. I think that is the ideal size for him right now. The problem is the damn thing weighs close to what feels like 50lbs.

Anyone have any input on a good 16" to start getting him on the trails that won't throw my back out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Its a great bike. My son (now 6) got his when he turned 4 and we have gotten our moneys worth out of it. You know the saying: light, cheap, strong, pick two. You get what you pay for and there is auctally some resale in it were most 16" bikes are worth nothing once you take it off the show room floor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pitboss Rocks

Thumbs up on the Pitboss and for the guy in Santa Barbara who shipped it to off of Craigslist.:thumbsup: My son has a mini racer as well and this thing is much better for everyday riding and for the relatively level trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.