Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Thats a good looking bike. Nice specs. Love the new Fox fork too. I think the white looks badarse. Is that a 21"?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Very very cool! I like the Tune parts saddle, wb cage.

You need to upload all the specs with such an extreme light bike or are you just enticing us to ask! It's almost hard to believe with such a hefty fork. What wheelset? Oh those are those tunes wheels w/stans rims. Nice. What year frame? (I don't know anything about Giant) [edit I got the answer from ww "2005" ]

That's a very light bike but what's cool is if you get bored over winter (or whenever) you can upgrade a few nice parts to more exotic stuff. I'm thinking Tune Concord, lighter crankset (there's really only one choice and yes it's from Deutschland), BTP seatclamp, extralite v-brakes, heck even a spinner and you could save a lot more weight.

F-me :confused: :eekster: :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duckman the frame is a 19...the new fox fork is amazing its light and super stiff...

here are the specs of the bike, i like everything on it, i could go lighter for a few things but i dont want to sacrifice any strength...

Brake Levers: extralite ultralevers
Brakes: shimano xtr w/ kool stop pads and ti bolts
Cables: powerlines
Cassette: shimano xtr
Chain: kmc x9 sl gold shortened
Crankset: shimano xtr w/ extralite bolts
Front der. shimano xt
Rear der. shimano xtr
Fork: 07 fox f rlc 80
Frame: 05 giant mcm team
Grips: foam
Handlebar: easton ec-90
Headset: fsa
Pedals: crank brothers eggbeater 4 ti
Skewers: tune ac 16 + 17
Seat Binder: extralite the clamp
Seat: tune speedneedle leather
Seatpost: extralite the post ul2
Shifters: shimano xtr tuned
Stem: extralite ultrastem ul2
Tires maxxis flyweights 330
Wheelset: no tubes 355
tune mig 70
tune mag 190
dt aero lite
dt nipples

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Cool. I like the 19" best anyhoo since I race a 19"...:) XTC hybrid. Must've been the carbon look that messed me up. The headtube looks a touch longer then the alum version

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Uh....yeah, that's a nice bike.:thumbsup: What's the deal with the fork? I'd love to hear what the weight is on that as well. I'm in the market for something to replace my SID noodle Racer. I'll go to lightbikes for that I guess but could you give us your riding impressions on that fork? Most importantly, Is it stiff? I gots ta have stiff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the fork is amazing...its lighter and stiffer than anything fox has made in the past, it goes over just about everything without a problem...it takes a few rides to set it up the compression and the rebound so it works for your riding style, but once you get right it the fork is perfect
on my scale the fork weighed 1483 with the steerer tube cut to just under 8 inches...

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
weighed a 07 100mm fox rlc (similiar to above but 100mm & disc only). weighed the exact same as 06 100mm rlt (tho that had canti bosses). both were with 200mm steerer & around 1460g.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.