Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried using some of the charts that I have seen in this forum to figure out a magic gear ratio for my Kula and can not seem to figure it out. :madman: Can anyone help me out?:confused: I am looking to do a low budg SS with stuff I already have. I'll lean toward a climbing gear more than a flats / speed gear. :skep:
Thanks in advance!
Greg

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Here's one

G-Live said:
I have tried using some of the charts that I have seen in this forum to figure out a magic gear ratio for my Kula and can not seem to figure it out. :madman: Can anyone help me out?:confused: I am looking to do a low budg SS with stuff I already have. I'll lean toward a climbing gear more than a flats / speed gear. :skep:
Thanks in advance!
Greg
32x18 - 16.713" - new 46" chain.

Measuring the CS accurately is tricky, sometimes just trying a gearing is better.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks PVD. I did see that. I must be a bit dim today 'cause I could not figure out how to use the info provided on first view. Got it now......

·
75% Mountain cycle
331 Posts
My convert is 16.7"

Here's a chart for you. It's really hard to get the exact length down to the .001" so you may have to play with it. I had to file(dremel) about .065" in one direction to get proper adjustment. I can post pics of that if needed or you can look back for a thread "can't find it, grind it" and see for yourself.

Attachments

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SanAnMan said:
Here's a chart for you. It's really hard to get the exact length down to the .001" so you may have to play with it. I had to file(dremel) about .065" in one direction to get proper adjustment. I can post pics of that if needed or you can look back for a thread "can't find it, grind it" and see for yourself.
So 32 / 14 should be OK too right. This chart is perfect. I have an 18 on the way and already have a 32 middle ring. Just need to make my chainring guide from seatpost waterbottle mount brackets and washers.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.