Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know the trauma has not worn off from last year for some of you, but it's that time of year again, time for the 15th Annual Cool Mountain Bike Race.

The date is Sunday March 11th, 2007. Registration is open on line at www.auburnbikeworks.com or you should be able to find an entry form at your local shop.

We will be raffling off about $15,000.00 worth of swag this year, I think at least two complete bikes and some frames, plus a lot of other stuff.

Monies from the race go to support the trail system of the Auburn State Recreation Area. Money has been spent to build the Foresthill Divide Loop Trail as well as the Connector trail. Bridges on both trails were built with money from the race. There is currently a decent amount of money to be spent on the trails in Auburn, getting State Parks to do their part is another thing, but support of the race will ultimately mean more trails in Auburn.
If you have any questions feel free to post here or you can call Auburn Bike Works at 530-885-3861.

P.S Don't worry about the weather, I promise tropical temps in the mid 70's!
Well, it will be that way........ somewhere:thumbsup:

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Sean Allan said:
I know the trauma has not worn off from last year for some of you, but it's that time of year again, time for the 15th Annual Cool Mountain Bike Race.

The date is Sunday March 11th, 2007. Registration is open on line at www.auburnbikeworks.com or you should be able to find an entry form at your local shop.

Monies from the race go to support the trail system of the Auburn State Recreation Area. Money has been spent to build the Foresthill Divide Loop Trail as well as the Connector trail. Bridges on both trails were built with money from the race. There is currently a decent amount of money to be spent on the trails in Auburn, getting State Parks to do there part is another thing, but support of the race will ultimately mean more trails in Auburn.
If you have any questions feel free to post here or you can call Auburn Bike Works at 530-885-3861.

P.S Don't worry about the weather, I promise tropical temps in the mid 70's!
Well, it will be that way........ somewhere:thumbsup:
Got the advert in the mail. It was alot of fun last year in the snow and I'm considering doing it again.

·
time to climb
239 Posts
Don't be afraid of the mud

I had alot of fun volunteering last year when it snowed. I was sooo stoked after seeing everyone else rippin' that I had to race this year instead. I signed up my 7yr old too for the junior loop - hope they can at least find it this year. If you're not riding, you should contact FATRAC to see about volunteering, or just show up if you've never been. And, hey it's ok slog through the mud without feeling guilty about tearing up the trail. I can't wait. I couldn't find my photos from last year. Sean and Mary do a terrific job of pulling it all together. If anyone has shots of last year, please post to remind everyone of what that tropical little town looks like with 500 mountain bikes parked at the trailhead.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Cadillac said:
Uhhh... yeah. That looks like a lot of fun.

:eek:
Actually.... it was! I do remeber that the temp of the water was warmer than the air temp. Odd feeling when knee deep... and its snowing
Still thinking about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.