Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new set of wheels to put on my Pivot Mach 5. They must be compatible with the new 15mm QR front axle and must be compatible with centerlock brake rotors. Weight and durability are both important, but they do not need to be XC race light or freeride strong...just a good all-around wheelset. My price range is $400 or less. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am open to pre-built or custom wheels.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
jploski said:
I am looking for a new set of wheels to put on my Pivot Mach 5. They must be compatible with the new 15mm QR front axle and must be compatible with centerlock brake rotors. Weight and durability are both important, but they do not need to be XC race light or freeride strong...just a good all-around wheelset. My price range is $400 or less. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am open to pre-built or custom wheels.
Shimano and DT Swiss offer the hubs you want.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Go with custom handbuilts...you can set up a really nice set with XT M778 front hub (15mm centerlock) and XT M775 rear hub (centerlock with 36 point engagement), DT Comp or Wheelsmith DB14 spokes, and something like a Mavic XM819 rims which is both very durable and also UST if going tubeless is of interest to you. This would fit nicely into your budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts