Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a bike for my 10y/o as he has grown out of his 24. The bike is complete except I can't find cranks. I need 2 piece cranks as the frame has a pressfit BB and the Trailcraft, Brood and SRAM NX all seem to be out of stock for 6+ months. Right now he has a pretty awesome balance bike but he is not so into that. Without spending 300+ dollars on a set of Hope set, does anyone have any options? I am not opposed to shortening cranks but can't seem to find a set that I can shorten enough without getting into a spot where it might compromise the crank. My son is a lightweight but rides pretty hard and I don't want to risk his safety.

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
If you can find a square taper pressfit BB I have some 140mm cranks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Actually made my own by drilling And threading some shimano zee cranks but if I would have known that Canefield bike season actually sells their own cranks and has some this size I would have just bought from there. Canfield Bikes AM/DH Cranks

·
Canfield Bikes
1,121 Posts
In stock now. Be sure to ask for the press fit BB.

·
no dabs
385 Posts
There are press fit to bsa adapters. That was my plan for dealing with this. Plenty of fairly light square taper short cranks out there.

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
At 10, he'll probably grow into a set of 165s before you know it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't overlook going lower than 155mm either.

It looks like Prevelo still has their 140mm HEIR cranks in stock for $79:

I talked one of our local riders with a YouTube channel into trying them for his wife (4'11") and she seems to be liking them:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts