Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
LyndaW said:
I'm thinking of getting a GF Rig and it looks like the 15.5" frame is the size for me.

Has anyone ridden a 29er this small? Any idea if I'm going to be dealing with toe overlap? That might be a deal breaker for me.
I've got a 15.5 Paragon. Same specs. No problem with my size 10's

Attachments

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
My wife rides a 15.5 Rig. If I work on the bike and then ride it around the yard with regular shoes on I have toe overlap issues but that’s with the peddle in the middle of my arch. My wife has never complained about toe overlap on the bike. Donkey road her bike while visiting once and didn’t have any issues that he mentioned. I think you are safe. One thing to note the 15.5” frame comes with 170 cranks.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
To be 100% certain, you could measure from the centre of your current bike's BB to the tip of your shoe. A 15.5" owner could measure his bike and tell you how much clearance the bike has. Shoesize after all doesn't say everything.

·
LW Coaching
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Endomaniac said:
My wife rides a 15.5 Rig. If I work on the bike and then ride it around the yard with regular shoes on I have toe overlap issues but that's with the peddle in the middle of my arch. My wife has never complained about toe overlap on the bike. Donkey road her bike while visiting once and didn't have any issues that he mentioned. I think you are safe. One thing to note the 15.5" frame comes with 170 cranks.
Cool, thanks for that. One other question: How do I get my hubby to work on my bikes? :D

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
LyndaW said:
I'm thinking of getting a GF Rig and it looks like the 15.5" frame is the size for me.

Has anyone ridden a 29er this small? Any idea if I'm going to be dealing with toe overlap? That might be a deal breaker for me.
You are going to actually test ride one before you buy it... right?

:confused:

·
Registered
193 Posts
No problem!

Toe overlap is a non issue. I ride a 15.5" X-Cal, my shoes are 43's, actually right now I'm wearing Lakes MXZ300 winter shoe in a 45. No problems at all. I wonder if this is the main reason Fisher chose a 70.5 head angle for the small?

If this is your first 29er you're going to be really happy.
:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.