Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if 150mm is going to be the new front hub standard and I have a 135mm thu axle which is technically a 142mm could spacers be made to make the 142mm work? Or is the 150mm actually going to be 157mm? I guess we can't talk about the new f**k but could this be a way one could switch between a summer and winter f**k using the same wheel?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Brake rotor would need some sort of spacer also, not sure if that is possible. Not that I'm even considering a suspension fork, but I was pondering the same question and whether my Hadley 135 hub could be used. So I guess I would have to go Lefty, Fork of Many Names or Flame, but not Fork Whose Name We Shall Not Speak.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If it is a front disc spaced front hub, the rotor would need to move outward 7.5 mm. This type of thing is routinely done to move a rear spaced hub's rotor position out 5mm for a front spaced fork. I'm not sure if the extra 2.5mm would push it over the edge and cause failure. If not, longer bolts and washers would do the trick.

A rear-spaced front hub would need to be moved outward 12.5mm. That's scary far in my opinion.

Harder though might be the axle spacers. They would need to have precise dimensions.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Its actually pretty straight forward. You just need a rear spaced 142mm hub with 135mm reducer and a 12mm TA w/ 15mm conversion kit. But you may also want to consider the 160mm to 203mm adapter with a 2.5mm offeset and rear disk spacing. One should also investigate the use of a 150mm front hub with a 142mm axle and 135mm brake adapter w/ funbolts. This all could be avoided if you just utilize a BFH, some Gorilla tape, wish in one hand, and piss in the other.

I saw a guy using the same methods mentioned about, and it was a riot. The piss really did make a mess of things thought.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its actually pretty straight forward. You just need a rear spaced 142mm hub with 135mm reducer and a 12mm TA w/ 15mm conversion kit. But you may also want to consider the 160mm to 203mm adapter with a 2.5mm offeset and rear disk spacing. One should also investigate the use of a 150mm front hub with a 142mm axle and 135mm brake adapter w/ funbolts. This all could be avoided if you just utilize a BFH, some Gorilla tape, wish in one hand, and piss in the other.

I saw a guy using the same methods mentioned about, and it was a riot. The piss really did make a mess of things thought.
Second best Jon post ever, can't mention the first:eek:

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
150mm is going to be the new hub standard? And all this time I was contemplating the consequences of 190mm becoming the new rear standard. Goes show that I should stop worrying about obsolescence and just ride my bike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.