Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rockcrusher said:
I have the same set up with a z150 and I love it. It is a little quicker steering and does real nice X-ups.
Hey you can move your shuttle forward to get a slacker HT angle like mine... did you know that?

·
n00b eternal
633 Posts
That uncut steerer tube looks scary. I have seen this more and more: is it cool not to cut your steerer tube or something?

·
Administrator
10,345 Posts
Yeah, but I do a lot of technical climbing and trialsy stuff and prefer the steeper angles vs. more DH stability. I have tried it in the slacker position but it was to slow for tech (uphill) stuff. I would love it if I could have both settings for uphills and downhills, you know some quick adjust thing so I could just pop it slack for DH after cleanin' a hard tech climb.

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
ezweave said:
That uncut steerer tube looks scary. I have seen this more and more: is it cool not to cut your steerer tube or something?
Would you cut your brand new fork right off the bat without finding out what you like for spacer stacks first?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ezweave said:
It is cut now.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
rockcrusher said:
Yeah, but I do a lot of technical climbing and trialsy stuff and prefer the steeper angles vs. more DH stability. I have tried it in the slacker position but it was to slow for tech (uphill) stuff. I would love it if I could have both settings for uphills and downhills, you know some quick adjust thing so I could just pop it slack for DH after cleanin' a hard tech climb.
So what is the axle to crown measurement on the Z150?

Sorry I looked it up it is 538mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts