Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
awesome
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 157mm spaced frame (Mondraker vantage plus) and I could get a 150x12 hub for cheap, but endcaps are not swappable, would I be able to use it with via 2x 3,5mm spacers placed on each side? (I guess they would have to be custom made cause I haven't found anything made, just the problemsolvers booster and super booster kits, but they do not apply).

Could there be problems with the caliper positioning?

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
This is highly anecdotal but I'd say this is going to be way more trouble than its worth. Aside from other possible issues I'd think it could very well affect the rotor/caliper spacing.

·
awesome
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is highly anecdotal but I'd say this is going to be way more trouble than its worth. Aside from other possible issues I'd think it could very well affect the rotor/caliper spacing.
Yes it could be very fiddly to get the spacers on when mounting the wheel, on the other hand it's not something I would that often and it should not affect disc spacing as I found out 150 and 157 (DH, not super boost) ar the same except for the end caps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.