Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which direction do you like to ride it?

I've ridden it both directions and almost prefer to ride down 456 then do the hike-a-bike up that loose ridge on 457. Regardless, both directions are a blast and the return on 450 to Bottle Prairie never gets old.

Rode it today and there are still quite a few trees down, mostly on 456.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I like it that way too. My buds seem to always want to do it the other way though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like counter clockwise, mostly because that ridge is so much fun to ride down.

Are the down trees mostly smaller diameter? 6 inches or under?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lefty-loosey

Counter-clockwise is the direction I always choose. The climb out doesn't require any push. One of my all-time fave rides.

You're a better man than I...tried it last weekend, from the FS44 Bottle Prarie trailhead, and finally gave up, at the 15mi creek-crossing bridge, due to the multiple large blow-downs. I've done the 15mi-with-blowdowns several times; paid my dues, and no more.

Lookout mtn was also no-go...hit large snow patches. Knebal and 8-mile were in good shape, though.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gorgedon said:
I like counter clockwise, mostly because that ridge is so much fun to ride down.

Are the down trees mostly smaller diameter? 6 inches or under?
I agree the ridge is fun.

Most of the trees are 6 inches and over, several of them are laying right down the trail, but most are across.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the blowdowns on 15 mile creek have been cleared?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts