Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Uncle
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Thought I posted this last night, but I can't find it, so I'll try again.

Wondering if there are any women here riding a 15" Kona Dawg bike, even better would be an '08 version. My local shop doesn't have one, but I'm thinking about ordering the frame for my girlfriend. The ETT length is spot on, but their catalog shows a 31.5" standover, which sounds super high for a 15" frame. I'm hoping that someone here can share a few pics of theirs with a yardstick next to it, the rider next to it -- something to show that perhaps the catalog measurement is off a bit (after all, the 17" frame shows a SO height of 29.5" -- 2" less!)

Thanks much.
Josh

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Josh,

I've been looking for a new bike and did look at Kona Dawg. The 15" uses a straight top tube and the 17" has a bend in it that increases the SO...that's what I recall. I stood over both and yes there was more SO on the 17" but the TT was too long. I think these were 09 models. How tall is your girlfriend? I may be selling my Ellsworth? Hit me up on the beer, bikes and tacos group if you are interested.

Karen

·
Uncle
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adventuregirl said:
Hey Josh,

I've been looking for a new bike and did look at Kona Dawg. The 15" uses a straight top tube and the 17" has a bend in it that increases the SO...that's what I recall. I stood over both and yes there was more SO on the 17" but the TT was too long. I think these were 09 models. How tall is your girlfriend? I may be selling my Ellsworth? Hit me up on the beer, bikes and tacos group if you are interested.

Karen
Will do. Tomorrow, maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts