1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
That was intense.

·
Seeeriously easy Livin
1,863 Posts
Actually his back wheel did catch that ledge, good job keeping her level, and not gettig bucked forward.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
it sure did and he held on like a pro. im thinkin another half foot woulda put his axle on top of it and sent him to the big farm.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it's gotta look like your jumping off the planet from on the bike. I don't know if there's a camera angle that conveys that 100 percent .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cactuscorn said:
damn! gots ya a pair huh? looked like you were 6" away from a very bad day.
If you look at the clip from the top of the drop, there's actually a V in the second ledge so it looks like I almost clipped the shelf in the vid but I had a little room to spare. I always hit that drop too fast and landed farther than I needed to. It would look good on video but the landing hurt like hell.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It doesn't look like your fork is compressing all that much,very backwheel landing,when you compress the rear suspension all the way, with out compressing the fork first, the head tube angle becomes so slack ,the sliding action of the fork is being jammed up by the landing,much more stressful on body and bike. My monster T used to lead the way into the most buttery smooth landings,once i got used to it, i found the risk of endo wasn't that big and it definitely smoothes things out.

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
herbn said:
It doesn't look like your fork is compressing all that much,very backwheel landing,when you compress the rear suspension all the way, with out compressing the fork first, the head tube angle becomes so slack ,the sliding action of the fork is being jammed up by the landing,much more stressful on body and bike. My monster T used to lead the way into the most buttery smooth landings,once i got used to it, i found the risk of endo wasn't that big and it definitely smoothes things out.
Sure, that is true in extreme cases, but I didn't think OP did much wrong there...:

Attachments

·
SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
1,253 Posts
Suddenly this stunt made me remember an old legend here in the far side of the Pacific...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
uhhhhh! you have ballz!!! ho do you do that??? i always drift off to one side! and thats only on 5 footers!

respect!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts