Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a 15" frame for about $400 or less, preferably full suspension. Do I have an option? I saw pricepoint has a sette for a great price and I wanted to buy it, but no 15". I have all the parts to put on it already. Thanks

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
How...

Ringer said:
I need to find a 15" frame for about $400 or less, preferably full suspension. Do I have an option? I saw pricepoint has a sette for a great price and I wanted to buy it, but no 15". I have all the parts to put on it already. Thanks
Do you know a 15" frame will fit her if the different mfr's measure frames slightly differently?

Also how can you have all the parts since rear shocks on diffferent frames often times have different eye to eye dimensions? And different frames require different steerer tube lengths on the fork? And front derailleurs are specific to tube diameters?

If you haven't taken all this and more into account then you might be in for a long build and if you aren't really close to the frame sizing you could end up with a bike she won't be comfortable on and if she isn't comfortable she won't want to ride.

As for ibexdragon he means well, but being a bike whore is a tough business. He said 15" not 16". And at just over 5' a 15" might be a close call.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on the rear shock coming with the frame. I'll buy a fork after I buy the frame depending on the frame I buy. I have derailleurs (I'll decide whether I'm buying a new front derailleur after I see what frame I'm getting, they're cheap). I have stem, handlebars and v-brakes (also a deciding factor on which frame I get). I have a 31.6 seatpost(I can replace if needed), and a seat. I didn't include all of that because I was going to wait and see the responses to the question, and decide where to go from there. I didn't want to limit the feedback. So still, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been debating that Jamis frame since you posted oldskoolbiker, but it can't use v-brakes. I'm hoping not to have to buy a whole new brake set up...thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Well good luck. It's going to be hard finding a 15" or smaller FS frame that accepts V brakes. They are out there, and you should be able to get a 1-2 Model Years old clearance new frame for your price range. Just have to be patient. The vast majority of the frames will be 17", 18" and 19".

You can pick up mechanical discs pretty cheap, but if your wheel isn't disc compatible then that will be more expense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.