Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dawn patrol Saturday in Prescott.

Not too bad really if the wind stays down.

I hate cold, so I was a bit proud of myself for getting out there.

Needed to complete the ride while it was still freezing or below to avoid killer death mud.

Main complaint is that everything rolled slow. Very slow. Good work out, beautiful scenery, but not much rippin type fun.

For me, a full face, base level long johns, and two wool base layers on top were more than enough. Feet still got cold by the end of the 2 hour ride, otherwise I was perfect, just on the verge of sweating, but not quite. How can the rest of you be great and the feet cold? (Had thick woolie socks)

Some pics from a Granite Dells hike today.

Some extremely cool ice formations out there today.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,275 Posts
Nice to see someone else out there riding. Me and Paul did one the afternoon/evening before your ride. It was pretty chilly, a little mud at first, then frozen, then on the way back everything that wasn't previously frozen started to freeze. Freezeriding. Gunna do Granite Basin tomorrow I think.

·
Master Gardener
1,347 Posts
Jayem said:
Nice to see someone else out there riding.
Hey now! Just because we all don't bring along the camera to set up Glamour Shots for MTBR doesn't mean we aren't out there riding in the freezing cold! :skep:

(I haven't ridden in 3 weeks precisely because I'm not tough enough for that cold! :D )

Seriously, hats off to Jayem and Enel for hitting the trails in spite of the cold. Given the fact that our "winter" in Prescott is 2 months long, I just find it way too tempting to park the bike and wait it out. Of course, I still have to ride my bike to work every morning. If I remember my camera, I'll take pics of my frozen eyeballs to post up. :p

·