Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I can't ride 45!
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
I don't suppose I could beg, buy, borrow or steal some ratty single speed components off someone so I can be ready for lift off. I have:

frame (geared dropouts)
fork
bars & stem
seatpost & seat
wheelset
brakes

Whick leaves me looking for:

Crank & BB
SS chainring
SS cog and spacers for freehub conversion
Chain
Chain tensioner

Crank and BB are the biggies and since I am such a damn cheapa$$...
 

·
Now Uploading
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
jasonb said:
I don't suppose I could beg, buy, borrow or steal some ratty single speed components off someone so I can be ready for lift off. I have:

frame (geared dropouts)
fork
bars & stem
seatpost & seat
wheelset
brakes

Whick leaves me looking for:

Crank & BB
SS chainring
SS cog and spacers for freehub conversion
Chain
Chain tensioner

Crank and BB are the biggies and since I am such a damn cheapa$$...
email me, have some drivetrain stuff out in the garage...

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
Don't necessarily have parts to lend, but....

I've got a large Surly 1x1 you can borrow for the event.

Let me know or you can call Matt at the Alpha Bicycle 303 220 9799.

I'd be more than glad to loan it out.

PattD
 

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
jasonb said:
I don't suppose I could beg, buy, borrow or steal some ratty single speed components off someone so I can be ready for lift off. I have:

frame (geared dropouts)
fork
bars & stem
seatpost & seat
wheelset
brakes

Whick leaves me looking for:

Crank & BB
SS chainring
SS cog and spacers for freehub conversion
Chain
Chain tensioner

Crank and BB are the biggies and since I am such a damn cheapa$$...
Head over the ss board and check out the faq. I made my ss for $0.00 from a geared hardtail, rode it that way a fair amount w/zero problems. Use an old der for the tensioner, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Can we get a general time on the start of this thing. I have a Christmas party that I do not mind bugging out early on but I gotta have at least a time.
 

·
Hairshirt Rider
Joined
·
1,875 Posts
FrontRanger said:
Can we get a general time on the start of this thing. I have a Christmas party that I do not mind bugging out early on but I gotta have at least a time.
This is evidence that you don't have your priorities straight. You must be ready to ride at all times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is unofficial of course, as we have not received information from the Uranus branch, but the trend has been to be ready to ride around the six-ish time slot. Perhaps we'll set it up so folks can catch the 5:40 PM RTD space cruiser to Nederland (if galactic forces decide to hold the event there) for the opening ceremonies and shootings before embarking on a deep space mission.

Sorry for the ambiguity, but there are few accurate weather forcasts for 15 days out. We'll have times and locations late next week when we get a better read on that.

FrontRanger said:
Can we get a general time on the start of this thing. I have a Christmas party that I do not mind bugging out early on but I gotta have at least a time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Loudpawlz said:
This is evidence that you don't have your priorities straight. You must be ready to ride at all times.
Good point. I am a galactic virgin so go easy on me. Just cleared the entire Thursday night............and Friday morning just in case.
 

·
I can't ride 45!
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
PattD,

Thanks for the offer. A large might be a bit big for me but in a pinch it could work. Let me see if I can get my ghetto SS built first and you will hear from me if I don't.

jason
 

·
I can't ride 45!
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
I am an intergalactic virgin and a SS virgin. If all goes well with build and parts procurement I plan on making the intergalactic SS championships the first time I pedal a SS on the dirt. Alcohol should lessen the pain.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top