Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built up a Stan's crest rim on the Specialized Hi Lo 142+ disc hub that came with my frameset. 920g is the final weight without axle built with DT rev 2.0/1.5's. The front is a stock ztr hub and crest built with DT comp spokes. The wheel set comes in at 1650g. This will be my spare wheels. When I get the bike done and the weather breaks, I'll report back on performance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just a FYI. I have the specialized hi lo 142+ rear hub on my epic as well. I took the cartridge bearings out just to check them out and found the grease in the bearing to be very questionable. I removed the seals to the bearings, gave them a solvent flush, and then repacked them with a high quality grease. The front bearings in the hi lo hub looked much better so I left them alone. Good info on the wheels and I look forward to your ride report on them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Which are the lengths of the DT rev 2.0/1.5 spokes of the rear wheel ?. I intend to build the rear wheel as you did using the stock 142+ hub and following the maintenance described by the Lafawnduh posts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.