Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

140mm rotor, how?

655 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Duckman 
Yes. Run the front frame adapter in the back. This works for most all brakes best I can tell. I have 3 bikes setup with 140mm rears. Hayes, formula, and Avids. With brakes like Martas, you can run the front brake assem in the rear for a 140mm setup, but you'll need a longer hose then what comes with a front(your buying 2 front systems).

Its more then strong enough for rear duty. This includes about the same modulation for the most part, albiet abit softer. The only issue maybe, is at race pace while doing longer descents(say Pisgah style stuff like -2000'+), the smaller mass 140mm heats up quicker with all its trappings of such. Meaning maybe glazing, fading, sqealing, etc somewhat sooner and abit more, then a 160mm might otherwise do. I've found it no problem tho, being very manageable. I use a Stans alum 160mm front with a steel rear for race only..if its not muddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.