Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have centerlock hubs and xtr disc brakes (160mm rotors).
Is there a 140mm centerlock rotor available somewhere, and would I need some kind of adapter to make it work with the stock brake calibers?
Would this save any weight?

· Registered
971 Posts
yes you would save weight.

buy a front caliper and put it on the rear, that allows you to run a 140mm rotor.

there are no centrelock 140mm rotors but buy a hope 140mm two piece rotor and a dt swiss centrelock adaptor and they're lighter than xtr rotors anyway.

· Recovering couch patato
13,971 Posts
If you want to save weight, just stay away from centrelock, I'd say. I can see how a 140mm setup would even end up heavier. Why bother, for that huge investment, tiny possible shaving, and loss of brake power?

· Registered
139 Posts
Cloxxki said:
If you want to save weight, just stay away from centrelock, I'd say. I can see how a 140mm setup would even end up heavier. Why bother, for that huge investment, tiny possible shaving, and loss of brake power?
Helpful reply there. He says he already has centrelock. If he follows previous advice he will save weight, it won't cost that much, and you don't really need that much rear braking power anyway (if you really need 160 rears you probably need 180 fronts - my B4s work just fine with 160/140).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.