Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stubby-legged
1,401 Posts
new pugs

in a small should fit. My wife is 5 ft. nothing. She rides an old small (16 in). Shorter stem, pull back bars. Compromised? Yep. Does she like it? Absolutely!
New frame size small measures closer to a 14 than a sixteen.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I almost finished a "tiny" Sandman for my daughter, see below picture. It's the smallest frame possible in combination with those wheels. The seat should be lowered more but I have to cut off a piece of the seatpost or get a shorter one, this one went in as much as it could. That and a front brake cable and it's ready to roll.

Her current bike is standing behind the Sandman for comparison, that's a 24" inch kids mtb (she's 9 years old, about 4ft 5").

Maiden trip planned this sunday, on her birthday party :).

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
That is so cool, Caminoloco. Let us know how it turns out. My wife is 4' 8.5", and we tried some Mukluks at last year's Interbike Dirt Demo. Here she is beside an XS, which still stretched her out slightly and didn't give her quite enough standover clearance :(

With a little bit of tweaking, we might have been able to make it work, but we only played on them for about an hour.

·
Registered
483 Posts
caminoloco said:
I almost finished a "tiny" Sandman for my daughter, see below picture. It's the smallest frame possible in combination with those wheels. The seat should be lowered more but I have to cut off a piece of the seatpost or get a shorter one, this one went in as much as it could. That and a front brake cable and it's ready to roll.

Her current bike is standing behind the Sandman for comparison, that's a 24" inch kids mtb (she's 9 years old, about 4ft 5").

Maiden trip planned this sunday, on her birthday party :).

so what's the seat tube tube length, this is very intriguing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.