Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

I'm having a weird rear wheel issue- i have an early 2011 mojo hd with the 12x135 rear and I'm running new 2011 Easton havoc wheels- the whole buid is about 2 months old and has been solid up till now
The other day I noticed rear wheel side to side play- At first I thought it was a pree load hub issue so I adjusted that which helped a bit but was still there so I tightened down the rear axle quite a bit which made no difference- so I kept looking at it and noticed the wheel is sliding back and forth on the axle with a mm or two of play- So it moves a bit till the hub hits the frame which stops it- so how do I fix this- it's like the hub.isn't large enough to stay tight or the frame is to large- what's wrong here???

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The More I play with the wheels the more I think it may be just the bearings in the hub- there only a fee months old and I havent done hard riding on them so I'm not sure why they would be bad- I get a poping sound when I move the wheel back and forth- maybe I need to post a video?

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
The frame pinches the hub, if tightened properly. If you can see the hub sliding back and forth, it's probably sliding on the shaft in the hub that the maxle goes through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.