Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the middle of a niner wfo 9 build and would like to know if through bolt, or through axle would be possible on a regular qr 135mm rear spacing? i know niner has maxle kit for 80.00 but im not sure if i wanna spend that kind of money if i can get something cheaper simpler and better. i would like my rear to be as stiff as the front which will be using 15mm marzoochi front end. thanks

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is starting to get interesting, i was planning hope... so you mean if i were to go with hope i can use bolt up or 10mm thru? do i have to buy any extra parts for hub for this or is just the axle and thats it? would this fit on my 135mm rear? whats stronger and lighter between the 2?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
david8613 said:
this is starting to get interesting, i was planning hope... so you mean if i were to go with hope i can use bolt up or 10mm thru? do i have to buy any extra parts for hub for this or is just the axle and thats it? would this fit on my 135mm rear? whats stronger and lighter between the 2?
I know you can order the Hope Pro II with the 10mm thru axle caps installed (vs buying after the fact)...not sure if that includes the thru axle or not.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
david8613 said:
how does that bolt get tightened? is it an allen bolt? i cannot tell by the pic..
Yes. The nut pictured on the left is captured and held in the dropout and tightened with a hex wrench in the other nut on the other axle end. Very sano but I wish Hadley offered the end pieces anodized in the colors of their hubs. That would be sweet IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.