Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ibis People!

I RTFM'd and did some searching but haven't reached clarity on this question... If I'm going with after-market cranks like the Race Face Next SL's on a Ripmo build, is the 134 or 136mm spindle the correct choice?

This would be with an Eagle drivetrain. Haven't bought new cranksets in a while and see that the 136 is billed as correct for boost spacing.

[Edit: So is this then a choice between a 51 and 52mm chainline? Anyway, I found RaceFace's guide and am following it... https://www.raceface.com/media/Crank_Q-factors_and_chainlines.pdf

TIA, and please forgive if this info is somewhere obvious that I've missed...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
This snippet is on Fanatik website and I inquired when I bought my Next R cranks from them for my HD4 as it was not even mentioned on Raceface site or documentation yet at the time. They went from 134 to 136 for better chainlink with boost it seems.

New for 2019, the Next R cranks get an updated spindle, saving about 20 grams over the previous Next R crank. The spindle has also been lengthened to 136mm to provide a 52mm chainline, ideal for bikes with boost spacing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.